Tuesday 1 June 2010

OH Late Again....






I seem to need at least 10 days to cogitate on a meeting before posting....but I am here now.

Last tutorial went well ....... we have the MO! I am finally off and running.

The pleats constructed by painstaking and laborious hand crochet through linen (yes this really is what my life has come to...) are ringing the right bells. There is also a lot to go at with knitting into leather......and into mesh.

Each fabric has it's own personality, the linen is feminine, leather edgy and the mesh sporty so there are three potential directions to follow......

Added to this I have the pure knit route on power and that makes 4! I am starting to think in term of 4 garments or outfits each separate but following the same line of enquiry. This could be possible if time allows.

As for now I am starting on the linen, large piece of fabric pleated and then shaped around the body from there I will do some flatwork based on the photos......

No comments:

Post a Comment