Wednesday 30 June 2010

Kinks in the Process


I have had two tutorials since the last post. Things are generally going well.

The 3D fabric is so nearly right it hurts!! Another session on Friday should see it finished in it's current form. In the next month or so there is a new Shima with a wider bed arriving and I want to switch across to that next term. This is for two reasons, the new machine is a finer gauge and I'd like to see this knitted in silk and the wider bed means I will be able to be more adventurous with the final design as I will have so much more fabric to play with. That said I may use the  narrow panels to construct a garment just to explore the complications in designing around the machines limitations.

I am making interesting headway with designs to accommodate the pleated linen fabric. It's hard not to revert to designing on paper so I am using photos printed in grayscale to work on top of. I have also bought some fabric that I am hoping will be perfect for one of the garments....now all I have to do is get the garment right.

New yarn cards should be arriving this week so lots to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment