Wednesday 11 May 2011

Time Flies.... but at the moment it anin't much fun....

Oh dear it is now May and everything should be getting finished....at the moment however I seem to be juggling custard.

On a positive note I have spent a lot of time reading and reflecting on what I am and have been doing and why I have been doing it. In part this is because I need to start thinking about what this project has been and why for the final presentation. But also it has been because I am thinking about how much my work and perspective has changed in quite a short time.

The obvious changes are, well obvious, but actually I have made some discoveries I didn't expect. I had never previously noticed how I need to feel the association between what I am knitting and the physical development of the item. The while project has been a conversation between why I knit and what I feel knitting is. The initial proposal was and is important but actually the development of the work was about my development through the process.

That aside I have been designing, and re-designing some supporting garments....still on going and harder than it sounds because the knit is the star but the wovens have to be able to support without completely disappearing into the background or challenging the knit. I am getting there...

And then there is the conference paper proposal, it is in and now it is just a matter of wait and see.

I have also been more than a little anxious about getting the panel for the final garment done. We are now back on track and I am waiting for the first sample to come off so I can felt and check it.

The dissertation is coming slowly but it is coming along so now it is just a matter of pulling it all together. And then I can think about next year, teaching, PhD, choices.....

No comments:

Post a Comment