Saturday 16 October 2010

From Felt to Felted...



Well I have knitted down enough fabric to produce a toile in the real fabric.....and it is an enormous amout given I am constructing a gillet! Obviously after it is constructed and felted I should have a garment that fits........

The images show the fabric in strips before felting draped over a stairwell just to demonstrate the amount, put together before and after felting (on a double bed to give an idea of shrinkage) and finally pinned on the stand side by side with the felt fabric toile (as opposed to the felted knitted toile....stay with me)...

Now I have to finish constructing and press and I should have all I need to programme make the finished garment.......I love it when a plan comes together!!!




        

        
                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment